Share this page
This accessibility statement applies to https://www.iaptsheffield.nhs.uk
This website is run by Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust. We want to make sure as many people as possible can use this website to find out about the support we provide.
This accessibility statement tells you:
- How accessible this website is
- How you can get in touch about an accessibility issues
- How we are improving accessibility on our website.
How we’ve tried to make our website accessible for everyone
Our website uses Recite Me, this provides tools to help you view and access information on our website. You can use Recite Me by clicking on ‘accessibility tools and translation’ at the top right hand corner of every page.
Recite Me provides accessibility through the ability to:
- Increase or decrease the font size by zooming in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Change the background colours to improve contrast
- Speak the words on the page out loud for you in a range of languages
- Translate the text on pages and in documents into a range of languages
- Apply a screen to text to help you focus on certain paragraphs
- A built-in dictionary to check any words you are unfamiliar with
- Navigate most our site using speech recognition software
- Navigate most of our site using just a keyboard
- Listen to most of our website being read out loud (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
All of these settings are adjustable and you can save them for the next time you visit our site. You can also reset these options back to the original settings should you wish.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability, for example:
Our website supports a range of the most popular web browsers. If you are using an older browser, particularly older versions of Internet Explorer, we may not be able to give you a full visual experience.
Information that may not be fully accessible
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some of our videos do not have captions. If you would like a transcript of the audio from any of our videos please get in touch. Most of our videos are listed on YouTube and you can turn out automatically generated captions on these videos. Please not these captions may not be completely accurate.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different document format so you can access it electronically please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you use our services or you have been referred to our services you can have your need for accessible information recorded. We are able to provide a range of information and communication support. If this has not already happened or you do not currently use our services but require information in a different format then please email email@example.com and someone will contact you to discuss this.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We want to make sure this website is accessible for everyone. If you come across any problems that we’ve not explained on this page or think we could do more to meet your accessibility needs please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
We are committed to making our website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below. We are continuing our work to ensure we meet these standards and will regularly review our progress.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some of our video content does not have captions or subtitles. We will be adding captions to all videos on the site that we own. Our video content currently fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2.2 (Pre-recorded).
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was first prepared in June 2022. It was last updated on 1 July 2022. This website (www.shsc.nhs.uk) was last tested on 1 July 2022.
The test was carried out by the Trust’s Communications Team using Google Lighthouse and validated using WAVE.